Monday, March 11, 2013

PIctures from God: "Waiting for Him"


I kind of dislike the commonly-used phrase “I’m waiting to get married” or “I’m waiting for that special guy.” I never could put my finger on it until the other day while one of my usual talks with God.

Who says I’m waiting? That implies I’m standing in one spot looking around for the guy and staying right there until he comes. No, I am not in one spot putting so much on the one guy that I have to stay there. Rather, I am walking with God through many journeys as He continues to introduce me to the things He has planned for my life before meeting that guy. They change and mold me for the better for that when we do come together (as He has already begun molding that guy) we will then, with God’s help, be molded together. I am trusting God, looking nowhere but God. There is no point in keeping an eye out for that guy. I may cast my eyes now and then in anticipation, but why should I actively search? Why? Because, at that time of God, He will be the one to stop (because He knows exactly who that guy is, whereas I have no idea) and say to me with a smile, “There he is. There is the one I’ve picked out for you.” And he will point over all the heads to the one guy. And I will smile too. Together He will lead us as we come together and join hands. And then we will not stop; we, together, will keep following on that path with and towards God. And then our children will come alongside us and we will keep walking with God until that end of reaching the pearly gates.

There is no waiting around. That would only be meaningless and a waste of time. Because how then would we find each other? We do not know what the other looks like. Yes, technically, I am “waiting” or “reserving” myself for that guy. But I am not stopped. And I have hope enough to keep walking though it may lead me away from him. Because God has my good in mind, He will not let me drift far that I will never find the guy. And I pray that be true of him as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment