Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pictures from God: Why does God hate sin?


Pictures from God: Why does God hate sin?

"The Lord hates sin, [not you when you fail] because He loves you--because [He knows] sin devastates your soul."

When I read that today, it definitely opened my eyes. I realized I had never associated love with God’s reasons for hating sin. I knew on one end that He loves in the most powerful, all-consuming way, in a way that I could use endless adjectives to describe it. I also feel that God hates sin because that it puts a blot on His creations (and all that encompass that from the world to animals, nature, humans, etc…) Not that Satan has total victory and totally destroys any last trace of God on His creations but that sin has imperfected what was perfect. But I never connected God’s love for us with His rejection of sin and all that it is.

Because He loves us so much, and He knows the devastation, the horrible impact of sin on us body and soul, He hates sin. Our devastation pains Him so He hates sin. That is one aspect of God’s rejection of sin that I now understand. And it really amazed me, as He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment